Tad Merryman wrestled through high school and discovered BJJ after moving to Northern Virginia. He began his training with Yamasaki Academy and David Jacobs. He began to volunteer coaching BJJ almost 10 years ago. He is an Abmar Barbosa Brown belt with more than 15 years of grappling experience.
- 4 years high school wrestling
- 4th place 1997 NC State Championships
- 12 years BJJ experience
- Brown Belt
- 2012 IBJJF Pan American Bronze Medalist
- 3 years coaching wrestling at Chantilly Youth Association
- 1 year coaching football at Chantilly Youth Association